Musethica Mastering Performance Program Israel 2017-2018
Call for string players for Musethica String Quartet – Academic Year 2017-18
Musethica Israel opens a new call for string players for its second resident String Quartet that will start working in the academic year 2017-2018. We invite violin, viola and cello players – interested in specializing in the field of Chamber Music – to apply.
Information for Applicants
As of the autumn of 2017 the Quartet will work continuously and intensively with instructors – members of the Jerusalem Quartet and invited guests. It will profit from periodical sessions and master classes guided by leading ensembles and chamber musicians from Israel and abroad, aiming to train it as a professional chamber music ensemble, with a potential for a future career.
Musethica will finance the professional guidance and the cost of the Quartet activities. In addition, it offers each member a yearly scholarship of 30,000 NIS.
By interest and request of the quartet members, assistance in finding part-time teaching jobs in one of the conservatories in Israel could be provided as an additional financial support.
At the end of the first year, the program management will examine the continued activity of the Quartet within the framework of Musethica, in accordance with its progress and achievements.
In keeping with the Quartet’s professional progress, Musethica will work towards including it in Musethica International Festival in Israel and in Musethica’s activities abroad, in the attempt to expose it to concert audiences in Chamber Music halls throughout the country, as well as to professional international factors.
1. The candidates should hold at least a university bachelor’s degree.
2. The chosen members of the Quartet will have to live in Israel as of September 2017.
3. The chosen Quartet members will have to commit most of their energy to the Quartet activities. Any other professional obligation which is not within the framework of Musethica will have to be coordinated with and approved by the program management.
4. The chosen Quartet members will be required, routinely, to dedicate three fixed days a week to the Quartet activities (lessons, rehearsals, social and public concerts).
5. The chosen Quartet members will be required to participate in master classes and in condensed weeks of activity organized from time to time by Musethica.
Relevant candidates are asked to send:
1. Registration forms which can be obtained by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. A letter of recommendation from the candidate’s recent personal teacher (additional letters of recommendation will be welcome).
3. Two video files of unedited live recording of two movements of different nature and different style. Files can be sent as YouTube links (or other internet links), as cloud saved links or as email attachments. Every file should have the indication of the title and movement of the musical piece recorded, as well as the time and place of recording.
Application deadline – 20.5.17
Decisions will be sent to candidates by 10.6.17
Musethica may invite the candidates, or some of them, to live auditions before final decisions.
Avri Levitan – Artistic Director, Musethica
Orit Naor – Director, Musethica Israel
Dr. Raz Binyamini – Artistic coordinator, Musethica Israel
For further details, please write to email@example.com