Implementing the Musethica Method
On the international level, Musethica has three organs:
1. The International Assembly, which is the highest level of representation of the member associations,
2. The Musethica International Board, a group of four people who are responsible for Musethica International on a day-to-day basis.
3. The International Artistic Committee, which supports the selection of musicians and the artistic development of our activities.
On the local level, Musethicas method is implemented through collaborations with both social and musical institutions. The Musethica program is already an important part of many social institutions’ weekly activities, as well as a part of the academic activities within many music academies, festivals and courses. Another aspect of Musethica is collaborating with researchers, investigating the impact of the concerts on both the public and the musicians.
Some of the institutions Musethica collaborates with
(past and present)
The following types of social institutions are Musethicas main concert halls. (Musethica is working with hundreds of institutions, for a detailed list please visit the countries’ local website).
- Oncology Unit (Chemotherapy room)
- Palliative Care Units
- Psychiatrical hospitals for children and adults
- Locked psychiatrical facilities
- Geriatric care
- Dermatology ward
- Cardiology ward
- Neurology ward
Schools and Pre-schools
- Junior schools and high schools
- Special education for children of all ages with all kind physical and/or mental disabilities
- Higher education institutes
- students of pedagogics
- Day centers for adults with mental and/or physical disabilities
- Factories and workshops
- Men prisons
- Women prisons
- Juvenile Prisons
- All kinds of homes for elderly
- Group homes
- Dementia units
- Protected apartments for women
- Women day centers